November 5th-11th, 2017
Baja Med Food and Wine Route
Lonely Planet describes Baja, which is the second longest peninsula on earth, as “mystical, ethereal, majestic”, and we agree. With a climate that welcomes grape growing, the many vineyards here give Napa a run for her money, while delivering boutique, award-winning wines. Ranches and vineyards provide a bountiful harvest that allows chefs to produce regional cooking at its best.
Largely ignored in the past, Baja is now recognized in the United States, and around the world, as a leader in culinary achievement. Baja’s generous coastline affords the freshest in seafood, inland ranches mean excellent beef is available, while wine country offers superior wines and olive oil. Baja Mediterranean cuisine, or “Baja Med” as it is commonly called, is heavily influenced by Mexican, Mediterranean, and Asian culinary traditions. Varied and delicious, it pairs wonderfully with local wines from La Ruta del Vino.
Join us on The Route as we visit premiere vineyards, explore regional cuisine from local chefs, and take in the breathtaking scenery of the area.
Your Route Includes:
- 6 nights accommodation
- Welcome Reception
- 5 breakfasts
- 6 dinners
- 2 market visits
- Visits to specialty shops
- 1 cooking class
- 1 cooking demonstration
- 3 vineyard visits
- Wine museum excursion
- Sunset wine tasting by the sea
- Free time
- The flexibility for our group to take advantage of something interesting that may come along.
- Please note some days will offer a heavier lunch and lighter dinner, or lighter lunch and a more substantial dinner.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND:
- As the number of participants is limited, early registration is advised.
- Price: $4,400 per person. Limited to 12 persons, minimum of 8.
- Price is based on double occupancy. Single room supplement is $400.
- A non-refundable deposit of $1300 is due at registration.
- Tour dates are Sunday, November 5th—Saturday, November 11th, 2017 departure.
- A complete itinerary and packet of trip materials will be provided upon full receipt of payment, prior to departure.
- Trip insurance is highly advised.
- Please do not make travel arrangements until the trip has been confirmed to you by Kitchen Routes.
- Airfare to/from San Diego or Tijuana is not included.
- Airport: San Diego International Airport or Tijuana International Airport